Sunday, June 20, 2010

How do I take music and video from my iPod and put it on my iTunes?

I got the music and video from someone else%26#39;s iTunes. I want a link to an instruction guide because I don%26#39;t want to have to buy anything and I want you to try to get me a legal site and legal software with NO VIRUSES! So basically I want to do the "put stuff on iPod proceedure" backwards so I am doing the "put stuff on iTunes from iPod proceedure".



Answers:

For the PC, there is a full-featured (and free) application called ephPod. ephPod can export files from your ipod to the PC. The PC does not need to be the authorized machine for your iPod.



1.Download and install ephPod from http://www.ephpod.com/



2.Open the application, Start %26gt; Programs %26gt; ephPod.



3.Make sure your iPod is plugged in and select the drive in the pull down list that your iPod appears as.



4.Once the application has seen your iPod, double click "songs"—this will bring up a list of all the songs on your iPod.



5.When you see the song(s) you wish to copy off your iPod, select and "right click" and choose "Copy Songs to Directory" on the song or press Ctril+Alt+C. For our example we%26#39;re taking our Engadget Podcast off of our iPod and putting it on another computer.



6.ephPod will ask where to save the file, we choose our desktop.



7.ephPod will then create a new folder along with the file you selected.



8.Click OK and that%26#39;s it!



Here%26#39;s another way to transfer music from an iPod to your hard drive, without extra software:

No comments:

Post a Comment